The Breakfast Club

Exploring breakfast restaurants around Saint Ignatius

Egg Panini with Hashbrowns

Georgia Goldrick

Egg Panini with Hashbrowns

Georgia Goldrick

Every teen knows the struggle of dining on a budget. Looking for a cheap place to get unbelievable breakfast under $12? We have located three places for you! Each restaurant is rated on food, service, and ambiance on a scale of 1-5 pancakes.

Hashbrowns 731 W Maxwell Street, Chicago, IL 60607

Georgia Goldrick
Hashbrowns Restaurant

Egg Panini with Hashbrowns

The first spot The Breakfast Club visited is Hashbrowns. Located in the heart of University Village, Hashbrowns is a rustic, comfortable restaurant with a large menu serving both breakfast and lunch seven days a week. For a fast, delicious bite to eat, Hashbrowns is a casual, trendy option with great music and an outdoor eating area. Feeling lazy? Hashbrowns will deliver via Uber Eats. Check it out!   Food: Egg panini with hash browns / ◦Piping hot sandwich, large portions, and crispy hashbrowns make for the perfect breakfast. Simple presentation keeps it casual and relaxed. Ambiance: / ◦Modern and unique, Hashbrowns is filled with wood tones and light colors creating a warm, comfortable environment. Varied chandeliers and unique chairs with coffee cups carved into the back make for a great dining experience. Service: / ◦Fast and casual, service was attentive, yet felt informal. Staff was polite, but seemed new to the job.

Sweet Maple 1339 W Taylor St, Chicago, IL 60607

Georgia Goldrick
Holiday French Toast

Georgia Goldrick
Sweet Maple Menu

Second on our list is Sweet Maple. Sweet Maple is local dining at its finest. Small and comfortable with distressed walls, big wooden chairs and a chalkboard menu, Sweet Maple welcomes all walks of life. Come in for a homemade muffin or biscuit before work or after a workout. Everyone is welcome. A small wait on Sundays is expected, but well worth it for the delicious food and friendly service with a southern vibe. Food: Holiday french toast with bacon / ◦Thick bread, covered in powdered sugar and Vermont maple syrup creates a filling, delicious meal. Perfectly cooked bacon on the side, large portions and a nice arrangement equals a hot, homemade meal. Ambiance: / ◦Sweet Maple feels friendly and not strictly like a business. Small and cozy with window seats and tables of four, the big, thick wooden chairs and red table tops feel like you are sitting in your grandmother’s kitchen. The result is a comfortable, relaxed breakfast. Service: / ◦Friendly and welcoming, the staff was quick and attentive with warm greetings.

Eppel’s 554 W Roosevelt Rd, Chicago, IL 60607

Georgia Goldrick
Country Special Skillet #1

Completing the Breakfast Club is Eppel’s. This traditional diner has a huge menu serving both breakfast and lunch seven days a week. Booths lining both wall

s and a counter with stools creates a classic diner feel filled with locals. Welcoming staff and fast service makes your first time at Eppel’s feel like you are a regular. A delicious variety of food will leave you happy with your decision. Food: Country special #1 skillet with pancakes/ ◦Cheddar cheese, ham, hashbrowns, and eggs in a steaming skillet with your choice of toast, pancakes, mini waffles or mini french toast is filling and delicious. Large portions and great Sweet Maple menu Georgia Goldrick ’18 Holiday French Toast Georgia Goldrick ’18 flavor keep you occupied with your meal. Ambiance: / ◦Traditional red booths with green lanterns above make the space small, but comfortable. Classic diner vibes make your dining experience at Eppel’s fun, traditional and cozy. Coming alone or with one friend, grab a stool and dine at the counter. Booth or counter, you cannot go wrong. Service: / ◦Great service, you will leave Eppel’s feeling like a queen or king. Fast and attentive, the staff is willing to accommodate large parties and is the sweetest to customers. Want to add something to your order? Eppel’s is gracious enough to do it. Check it out for a warm welcome.