Into the Woods Preview

Hear about the Into the Woods experience firsthand from cast members.

What do a cow as white as milk, a cape as red as blood, hair as yellow as corn, and a slipper as pure as gold all have in common? They aren’t just miscellaneous objects from different fairy tales, they also will break the curse in Into the Woods! Discover why when the Saint Ignatius Harlequins present this classic show in November.

This 1987 musical written by Steven Sondheim and James Lapine features characters from the different Brothers Grimm fairy tales, including Little Red Riding Hood, Cinderella, and Jack (the one with the beanstalk). The story follows the baker and his wife, who set out on a quest to break the witch’s curse that has left them childless. It explores meaningful themes about parent-child relationships, growing up, and fulfilling wishes (for better or worse). It is also full of beautiful songs and emotional scenes that will leave audiences laughing one minute and sobbing the next.

The Harlequins held fall musical auditions August 28 and began the rehearsal process on September 6. There is still much to be done, but the cast has been working hard every day. Come see the show in November on Friday the 3rd, Saturday the 4th, Friday the 10th, or Saturday the 11th in the McLaughlin Theater!